Tuesday, February 4, 2014

CHINESE NEW YEAR DAY 1 & 2

YAY HAPPY  CHINESE NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!! :D

One of the holidays/event that I really like and enjoy is the Chinese New Year! Each year I'll be so excited to get new clothes, shoes, bags and accessories! Though I'm always a last minute buyer and cannot get what I really plan to wear etc, but well, cny is still fun for me :) Every year my cny lasts for 15 days, ahaha. Ok not everyday I have to go visiting because after a few days the adults have to go to work and so on, but in total, it will last for 15 days till the last weekend. My whole big family is really big, paternal, maternal and grandma side. Sometimes I really don't get why we have to visit them and take angbaos from them when we only meet during cny. Isn't it kinda meaningless? The whole thing behind the giving and receiving of angbaos become really meaningless as some people just give for the sake of giving and receive for the sake of the content inside the angbaos.

Oh well, cny is all about angbaos, money, gambling, fun, food, laughters, shoutings, heartattacks, visitings, awkwardness.... hahaha! I'm still enjoying my cny though this year we didnt go to Kukup for cny getaway and didn't get to play with fireworks and crackers. It's still nice staying in Singapore :)

{ CNY DAY 1 }




Pretty mom & handsome dad give birth to.............

3 beautiful daughters!!! hahaha, I'm not self-praising okay, that's what many of the not so close relatives, my parents' friends and even outsiders said :P


Everybody gathered in my house in the morning for breakfast and a few rounds of blackjack before we all set off to visit our own relatives. For me, I went to visit my maternal side relatives and grandparents. Like I said in my Dayre, my sister and I don't plan our outfit according to the importance of the days but rather we plan our outfits based on the places we are going to visit for the day. So for day 1, we visited our maternal side relatives houses so there wasn't much travelling, so we decided to wear sth casual but nicer than casual casual, haha! :P It was a really long day and we were so worn out by night time, yawns. Went home and my cousins(paternal) were still at my house so we played non-money games like 'Declare', '49', 'Memory game'. Hahah cool right, they are interesting games okay!! *hiakhiak*

{ CNY DAY 2 }
Everybody came my hse in the morning again for breakfast again... haha! Look at the amount of shoes outside the house everytime my big family gather together :D

After all the eating, gambling, preparations, it's time for phototaking again before setting off for visitings :)

Family shot but with bad lighting. The better quality ones are in my cousin's dslr but since she haven't upload the pictures, I shall just make do with what's in my camera.

All the cousins and nephews with our grandparents. Generations and generations, lucky grandparents ahhhh~ ahaha! This is my paternal side family which I'm more close with and spend most the time with. So whenever I say big family or cousins, you know which side I'm referring to ^^

Yes and off for visitings!!! I wore my holographic heels as can be seen above. It was kinda high and loose but I still can walk in them! Nice nice :)




Yay fav people!!!! :D Hehehe our ootd for cny day 2!! Always being silly and laughing so hard with them.

Me myself and I!!! 

Bryan my nephew whom I sometimes call boyfriend haha cause he knows how to protect/takecare of people and also considered mature for his age excluding the fact that he is a naughty playful bully! 

Tallest cousin and even with my heels, I'm still shorter than her by abittttt ahem!

My almost 1.90m beloved godbro! <3


Elder sister.

Mummy.

Daddy. Wow I'm still not taller than him (1.70m)

Younger sister.

So we visited my maternal side relatives again, now at their respective houses and also my aunt's new house! Woooo, so cool! The houses nowadays are like condo style and layout just that the size is smaller than the houses last time. Boohoo, bad thing that houses are getting smaller and smaller :( Oh yah then my uncle whom we seldom see, saw us and told my mom that I can go be model. That's what I overheard him speaking in hokkien to my mom haha! Tsktsk, I'm farrrr from being one man.

Nephew Alfred! He's wearing the shirt that my sister and I bought for him ^^

I think I look kinda different in this set of photos but I don't know what and I like it haha! Also, I think this is the most comfy ootd so far, because the romper is of the right length, very fitting and secure and has the floral oriental feel suitable for cny. Though before cny, alot of ppl have alrdy worn such rompers to dead and I also bought it way before cny but I still think it's more apt for cny and that's why I kept it till cny to wear it keke. 

So after the visitings, it wasn't the end of the day! We all went to our cousin's hse to hide and prepare pails of water and wait for them to return. It was a bday surprise celebration for my uncle haha!!! And he didn't realised anything fishy even when the plan almost failed!! HAHA SO FUNNY :P & yesh surprise was a success and he was super drenched keke!! Our family always have such evil plans oopsieeee.

To end of the day, we had icecream cake and.... LOU HEI! 


Too big a family so we all had to stand sideways to lou hei to accommodate everybody haha, so squeezy okay!!

and huat ah!!! All the shoutings, 'throwing' of food, haha epic! 

It will always end up like a mess. I bet all of yours are also like that. This is sth that's inevitable :P

Then, more blackjack before the longgggggg day ended! Hehe nice nice day :) 

Hope cny has been kind, rewarding $$$$ and fun for you all so far! I'll update the other days of cny soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment