Sunday, May 18, 2014

126 搵到食

Okie so 2 days ago, the three of us decided to have a proper meet up after eons? Hahah it's always very heartening to catch up with friends who you don't see very often but once you meet up, there isn't a tinge of awkwardness or whatsoever. It's just comfortable and you can be yourself! :) Love having such friends!

I think I am a person or maybe I am a person who doesn't open up to people easily, and even if I am friendly and all to new people I meet, I am just nice on the outside but on the inside I will still feel awkward and have slight discomfort, haha. Ok moral of the story is, it's very hard for people to know me and very hard for me to open up and show you every side of me. So I truly cherish friends that I can put under my REAL friends list <3

Alright back to the update, we went all the way to Kallang to try out a dimsum place :) I introduced it to them but it was all our virgin eating experience that day at 126 搵到食! We were sooooooo hungry as we travelled for 45mins-1hr there, *faints* but it's okay, we did some catching up on the bus.

& yes we finally reached after a long while......... The awesome thing about the place is that it is open 24/7 and they have an extension to their shop. You know dimsum stalls are always very small cramp squeezy, so it is very awesome for them to have a rather big spacious extension to accommodate more customers :D Say bye to the idea of squeezing and sweating inside the small shop.

We ordered fifteen dishes in total and it sounded a lot!!!!!!! 

First few dishes was the Century Egg Porridge, hmmm...... the porridge was rather lacklustre in taste as it wasn't very flavourful, lack of salt!! ahaha! but still, I love century eggs :) & don't underestimate this small bowl of porridge, I ate most of it myself and I was soooooooooo full :(


Prawn wrapped with fried potato! Not bad, something new :) Ok, I also like anything potato keke.

This is one of their Signature dish, I don't remember the name. It was some fried tofu with mango and mayo sauce. NICE!!!!! :) Ok...... anything mayo is nice also! Ooopssyyy :P 

After awhile, the rest of the dishes came and tadahhhh don't have to take the dishes one by one..... haha! Kinda stupid right but I want to take picture of the food and at the same time can't wait to eat the food as soon as they came. It's always better to dive into the food while it is still hot from the making.

Yes yes the the Fried Scallop is niceeeee, the Har Gao is nice, the Chee Cheong Fun is EXTRA nice! We ordered the BBQ pork and Shrimps flavoured chee cheong fun and I like the bbq pork one more though both were yummy. The sauce is just ooomph! YUM! :) The xiao long bao, siew mai and Kong Ba Bao are just so so~~

Overall, the bill came up to $58 for 3 :) Quite reasonable considering that dimsum places are always around such pricing. Thumbs up for their smorgasbord of dimsum to choose from, thumbs up for their spacious environment and thumbs up for most of their foody :) Quite different from the rest I would say and yes, we 3 agreed that 126 搵到食 is better than Swee Choon. Go give it a try :)

126 Sims Ave, Singapore 387449
Nearest Mrt: Kallang / Take bus 67 to Yi Xiu Fty Bldg
After eating, I was super duper full, my stomach was gonna burst any moment! The 2 of them looked normal, zzz cause I ate the whole bowl of porridge by myself with the help of a few scoops from Jayne. So, the two of them happily hopped on to eat Tau Huey while I just sat beside trying to "slim" down my bloating stomach.

These pictures just explains how funny the situation was!!! Matt refused to take pictures cause he claimed that he is camera shy! I was quite shocked when he shun my camera, I didn't know this side of him till that day cause the past few times he was very steady to take pictures with us... hmmmmm crazy haha!! I think he is shy when one of us takes the picture but not shy when everyone is in the picture kind of thing, you know you know~~~ 






Yepyep, then we went home singing mega creative and funny songs to our dear Matt. HAHAHA!
& end of our hilarious, delicious and idiotic day out! :) I'm sure there will be more, yay! Cheers to our super random friendship :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment