Monday, May 12, 2014

Day out with Sis!! (Shopping + Cafehopping)

Just a few days ago on Thursday, Sis and I decided to go out to have some fun, also to celebrate the end of her examinations. Hehe it has been long since we had sisters time so ofc it was a nice day :)

First, we went to Bugis+ for Poulet for our lunch cause we were starving. Initially we wanted to try Saveur but we couldn't find it so I just recommended Poulet to her since she hasn't tried it before.




The food!

The awesome truffle mash potato! I love it, but ofc can't finish it by myself cause it alotttt of mashy potato... you will get sick ofc, but I still like it, yumyum :)

Escargots, which is pronounced as es-kar-goh. Haha sis and I went to check up the dictionary for the correct pronunciation for it before ordering keke!! :P This dish was not bad but nth to rave about.

And yes, the legendary Poulet chicken. This is their star dish and needless to say it was darn yummy :) The meat is so smooth and tender and the sauce just makes it even better! Haha judging from the other tables around us, nobody bothers to try any other dishes but this this this! YUMS :)


Happy us with our first meal of the day ^^

After the meal, we went Bugis to shop around, not expecting to buy anything of you know Bugis has the same old normal common clothes~~ buttttttttt we were wrong! Haha the quality of the clothings there really improved alot, like there are very few of those thin thin translucent type of clothings alrdy, not bad. Also, the designs there are always very up-to-date, like I wouldn't be surprised if some of the bloghops copy Bugis's designs~ Okie so we bought 1 skirt and 2 hw shorts and off we go, next destination :)

Next, we went to Haji Lane where the cafe is located in. It was my first time going Haji Lane and actually there is nothing much there.... just that the street is cool. There are 2 cafes there, I AM cafe and Stateland Cafe. But since sis didn't want to eat at the halal cafe which is I AM cafe, we headed to Stateland Cafe instead. 



I've seen many pretty yummy pictures of the food in Stateland cafe so I wanted to give it a try! The cafe is very small but not squeezy. I wanted to sit outdoor but it was kinda hot so nvmmmmmmm, sat inside and face everyone LOL.


Red Velvet waffle with icecream!

Classic Honey Toast with icecream and berries!

Both were really simple and normal. Really nth special or yummy..... MEH :( Kinda disappointed and felt deceived by their looks. Bad bad bad! If you wanna check out this cafe, I would advise you to try the savoury food like eggs ben and others instead of their desserts.

So after that, we headed off for our last destination for dinner!! :D I know you must be wondering why aren't we full alrdy, haha it's because we didn't eat alot what. So, there are always space for other more food :) This is a part of cafehopping tip, share share share!! We went Ion Orchard to shop and hell, we spent a bomb in H&M and also bought sth for mom from Factorie :)

Then, while travelling to the last cafe using Google Maps we encountered a serious problem which was our dying phones!!! We panicked because we have to reach our destination before our phones die!!!! And then....................

From afar I saw this brightly lid 'house' and there it is GRUB!!! I yelled excitedly to my sis! Haha we both heaved a sigh of relief and scurried over!! :) 

Oh yes, this is in Bishan Park and the park is so niceeeeeee but not in the night cause all the creepy crawlers and creatures are out to play EEKS





 Tadah our food came! It was presented nicely and neatly ^^ My sis had their cheeseburger which was yummy according to her and I had fish burger! My fish was abit hard but ok lah not bad :) The fries are yums too but alot.....

We were alrdy full after our burgers and fries and then oopsy our churros came... haha!!

It was our first time trying churros so we couldn't make any good judgement and comparison. Just gotta taste it and accept it till the next time we eat churros from another shop. Not forgetting the serving is so huge for 2 pax!!! 8 churros okay ohmy... considering the fact that we were alrdy full. Kinda sick as we ate more cause it's dough...... So yes, we had a hard time rushing and eating cause the shop was also closing at 10.30pm!


Hehe in the end we wasted 1 stick of churros which is around $1 cause the churros and dips are $9.

Teaching my sis how to use my selfie function.... I thought that's kinda foolproof............ hahaha nvm :P

Posing with our cute cup of churros!

Look alike? And pls, she is my ELDER sis not my younger sis................................... :(



Anything with dips or sauces calls for a dirty lips shot! ^^


Keekke alrdy rushing for time to eat finish but still, nothing can stop us from camwhoring!!!!!! 

Finally done with the whole day of walking, shopping and eating!!! Tired but not very tired keke! Luckily we didn't wear our heels out........ (as seen from the ootd shots in the beginning of the post)

Sorry, posing with our shades in the bus at night, HAHAH :P




Gonna collect more statement necklaces and shades!! :) Will spam buy them in bkk, can't wait :D <3

Yes so tadah, end of our sisters date! Will bring my youngest sis along when she is done with there exams to see the world next time lol! Look forward to the next sisterss date :)
Hope you enjoyed reading the post as much as I do, and don't you just love the quality of the pictures. Muacks my camera lots lots :') still figuring out how to control the quality better~

Ending off with our "PONDERING ABOUT LIFE" shot,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment