Friday, May 29, 2015

Bangkok Day 1 & 2

YAY hello peeps!! :) I'm back from Bangkok!
I went there from 23rd-26th May.
It was just 4 days but I felt that it was really enough lol, cause we walked continuously for 4 days and we were all dead tired and our legs were super sore gosh! But I'm so happy because I get to explore so much more of Bkk this time with my family! :D 
The previous 2 times that I went bkk, I only explore like one area? Which in turn didn't make me like bkk that much? But after this trip, wow, bkk is awesome hehehe :D
I planned the itinerary and I'm glad that we managed to tick off most of the places!! 
You know it's hard to stick to the itinerary so we had to be flexible to changes and edit along the way hehe! Lai, who wants my itinerary for their bkk trip can ask me hahhahaha :P

DAY 1

Took the plane super early in the morning at like 8am+ so we reached bangkok at 9+/10+am.
We took the Airport Link to our station and went straight for the Sabx2 Wanton Mee which is just beside Glow Pratunam Hotel! Super convenient actually :D


The queue there every single day is long but move kinda fast. It opens from 9am-3pm daily with Chinese speaking waitress so it makes everything simpler and more efficient since most of the customers there are Singaporeans or from those chinese speaking countries. 



Tried both the Wanton Mee and the Pork rice! Both are not too bad :) I was so afraid it would be overrated like some people described. Because to us Singaporeans, there are so many delicious food that we have tried before in Sg and so our standard for food are rather high. Plus my food standard would be higher than most of you guys cause my grandma and aunties cook super yummy food which are better than some of the food sold in sg so alot of times I would think the food is normal when people raved so much about it lol. So overall, I think the wanton mee and pork rice is not bad to me lah but not very wow. Can't believe their pork parts like intestines, etc are so flavourful just alil too soft.

Next, we went to Platinum Mall to shop and have our lunch since it was too early to check in.



Platinum Mall Food court is the one stop to try all types of bkk food. Though some may not be as yummy as like street food or what not, but still good!


Whee finally checking in to GLOW!!!! Actually we are not very particular with our lodging cause yah it's only for sleeping but we wanted to try a comfy one this time so tadah! When travelling with your parents, you just want to let them experience the best.


All testing out the bed! Not bad lah really quite comfy and spacious! Paid for an extra single bed as well. 




Bed shots as usual ahah! Oh yah in case you are wondering how come my younger sis didn't go bkk with us, it's because she has school which she thought was important a few months back when we were booking our flights so she didn't want to join but she regretted. Kelian :( But no worry sis, there are still lots of chances, bkk niaaaaaa, 2-2.5 hours away! HAHA. 

Sobs, my family may be going Taiwan next March which will be my turn to miss it cause of uni..... sian... please don't leh :(


& we were off to Chinatown, Yaowarat on a tuktuk. 


Dined at T&K Seafood restaurant which is one of the famous restaurant in chinatown. We just told the tuktuk driver that we want to go Yaowarat T&K and he immediately knows where already haha.




There were more dishes but then all the portions so small. The whole meal didn't satisfy my stomach very well. & their food were like so-so.


Then off to Khao San Road for their night market and night life! There were neverending flow of people at night man, it's really happening there! :D



There were lots of clubs and pubs along the whole stretch of street with several super loud music playing simultaneously and so many ladies and ahem "ladies" calling out to people for business. Many people just let loose over here ahah cause you just feel like dancing to the music.


So, chilling time with family over Chang beer, Thailand's beer. 


The girl danced super vigorously throughout and like super disgustingly hahha!! Like all the act sexy moves and expressions, oh gosh! Pretty good entertainment though. It was a really different experience here in bkk and this is the place where you can find all the elephant pants and all the tourists type of clothes lah. We bought so many elephant pants and shorts! You will see me wearing soon during my Melbourne trip ahaha cause aunt suggested that we buy to wear tgt there as pjs lol.

So yes, our night ended at around 12/1+ singspore time. Yup, bkk time is slower than sg time by 1 hour but all the time I'm writing here is based on sg time.

DAY 2
Met up with my cousin and my aunt to start the day together. Woke up at like 5am+ for the Pratunam Morning Market. Shopped around and recommended them to try the porridge.


Their porridge is superrrrr smooth cause they stir for very long, like melt in your mouth kind. THIS IS SO DELICIOUS! Must try :D


There are so many ingredients inside as well! Very flavourful, had it for breakfast for straight 2 days. yumyum in my tumtum hehe 


Then we walked over to Central World to pray at the open space Temple. It was scorching and crowded......



Next, we took the BTS to Chatuchak Market!!! 
Found the authentic Thai Tea! I love it cause it's not overly sweet like what the other street stalls or food courts are selling. They have an outlet in Singapore as well, in Raffles Place :)




READY TO START DA DAY!!!!!! Yes, it was burning that day lol. Luckily I had my sunblock and hat on so surprisingly, I didn't become darker, YAY :P


Coconut ice cream to the rescue!!! Totally thirst quenching, love it :) Haha my family just keep buying food and snacks to eat while my cousin and aunt just mainly shop and kept saying that we kept eating haha!! My dad lah, food monster, legitly.


Finally bought a hat!!! HEHE! There were so many shops selling hats but yea after quite some time then I managed to find a suitable one, S$8 only :) Most people are wearing hats so you totally feel normal lol. One of the reasons why I love bkk is that you can dress anyway you like and can be drama mama as well and you will still feel comfortable! :) You can't really feel that way in Sg, lol too many judging going on. 

Oh yes I thought I looked like a weirdo in my hat cause a lot of people just keep staring/looking at me like what on earth? I kept asking my sis if I looked weird and she kept saying very pretty hahah so..... means???? LOL idk lah hor. But thanks for all the groups of guys from dk what country who tried to approach, look, angmohs who gave me a second look haha weeuweet, and just all the thai vendors who either scan/whistle and what nots. Thank you but no thank you for making me thought that I looked weird, zzz. Haha but you really will feel like a superstar in bkk :P


The mandatory holding hands in the middle of the street shot HAHA :P Purposely dressed up similarly for some of the days. 


Eating again..... Garlic bread with condensed milk, yum! :) 


They had their coffee fix as well! We also bought lots of drinks, ate fruits and duck noodles!!! Didn't take picture of the duck noodles but it's so yummy! Love the soup!!! SLURPS :D


Ate nonstop at Chatuchuk and bought like a a few items only. Like perhaps 6 for sis & I. Aiya we share one, with younger sis as well so save alot of money haha awesomeeee :P Loving the 2 denim skirts that we bought there, one dark blue and one white, WHITE WHITE WHITE DENIM, so chio! hahaha! Approx S$9 each. I tend to shop more when I'm with my sis cause can decide faster!

After a super long day........ our legs were very very sore!!! Especially for sis and I. That soreness was indescribable, was so pekcek and kept whining to go back hotel while waiting for cousin & aunt to be done.



TADAH our super late dinner!!! Like 11+ :O 
Recommended to them to try the dabao street side food and go back hotel to eat style which I experienced during my previous bkk trip with friends.
I still can remember the stalls and the stall owners there, pretty much the same :) Love all the food oh gosh, that was like our only FULL meal! Cause bkk food portion are so small and everytime we are only like 1/3 or half full and very hard to be real FULL. So that meal was super satisfying :D <3

End of our 2 days in bkk, Day 3 & 4 up next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment